January 28, 2019 / Baltimore Medical System Staff
BMS is accelerating our efforts to embrace new technology that can help us improve our quality of care. We believe in combining software and technology with our medical teams and data analysts for improved service delivery and better management of population health.
- In 2015, we recognized a need to revamp our quality program, leading us to implement the Quality Plan Advisory Group. This group includes a wide variety of specialized providers working in concert with members of the executive team to quickly analyze data for improved patient outcomes. Data analytics can help predict risk of chronic disease so we can educate patients on healthier lifestyles and how to manage their chronic disease; and provide interventions earlier for regulating high blood pressure, A1C levels and managing asthma.
- Our commitment to using metrics to produce tangible results has continued with our Performance Improvement Teams. These committees champion a diverse set of
goals, working to identify the challenges unique to each quality metric. To address these challenges, our health
tech team works in tandem with the center medical teams on the following:
- Technology helps us circulate the feedback we receive from our community health workers and outreach teams to our health care providers, staff and executives.
- i2i analytics supports improved clinical and quality outcomes and keeps our data accessible through clinical dashboards.
- Our analyses show actionable results corresponding direct efforts in patient care to patient outcomes, in tandem with sound financial performance.
Each year at BMS, we re-evaluate our goals to ensure that we have high outcomes, meeting and/or exceeding regional and national expectations. Recognition from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) as a National Quality Leader demonstrates our commitment to exceeding key clinical quality measures for our patients.
BMS is deeply committed to improving health, wellness and the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing safe, high quality, accessible and affordable healthcare. Read more about the progress we have made in our 2017 Annual Report!